Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HOW SHOULD CATHOLICS FEEL?

One week after Easter, the Octave of Easter, the same day as the Beatification of John Paul II, and finally on DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY, the most wanted man in the world was killed in a raid In Pakistan.  Osama Bin Laden is dead.  One thing for sure he won’t be resurrecting right away.  There is a lot of bitterness, hatred, and cheering going on around the country and the world because this man has finally received ‘justice’; the justice of man that is.  Don’t get me wrong; I probably will not lose any sleep tonight when I go to bed, just because this man is no longer with us.  And, I too, feel the tug, to stand up and give a modest cheer, but I cannot bring myself to do so.  As Catholics, How should we ‘feel’ about this situation? 

Christ came to save the sinner.  He said that the ‘well’ do not need a doctor only the ‘sick’ do. I would put Bin Laden in the ‘sick’ category, for sure!  Jesus told us to love our enemies and to pray for them.  Have you ever prayed for Bin Laden?  I do confess that I have.  Anyway, although I am quite patriotic, I find it very hard to celebrate the demise of any man; even one who seems to be so EVIL.  I cannot say that I would be able to celebrate, because of the fact, that we are probably sending this man to the final judgment seat of Christ. 

I do confess it is very hard to sort out, even for myself.  Therefore, I guess I will error on the side of caution and not join in the celebration of his death.  I will pray that Al Qaida will fall apart in his absence, and terrorism of this nature, will once again die down for a millennium or two.

Until Next time May God Bless and Keep You.
BloggerBill

No comments:

Post a Comment