Friday, April 15, 2011

THE SIN OF THE CENTURY


“The sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin."
– Pope Pius XII (in a 1946 address to the United States Catechetical Congress)
http://www.fallibleblogma.com/index.php/the-sin-of-the-century/

Check out the above link to one of my favorite Catholic blogs.  In this Post on "Fallible Blogma" Matthew Warner examines the words of warning from Pope Pius XII some 60 years ago and how those words have come to pass in ways I think even Pius XII might have been surprised with.

Until Next time,  May God Bless and Keep You.
BloggerBill

1 comment:

  1. The loss of the sense of sin + Situational ethics = Tolerance.

    When you tolerate something, it means you personally don't like it, but feel there is nothing you can do about it and are forced to accept it. Therefore, a church or denomination that teaches tolerance... ohhhh. Harsh! Really? How many times can you draw a line, erase it, draw another and another and another before you realize you've made your way to a cliff or a corner? Tolerance is the act of drawing that line; situational ethics is the term for making excuses and defaulting on blame.

    In the case of abortion, is it wrong? As a means of birth control - yes. However, the same sin applies to people who have children and ignore them to computers and television - emotional abortions are the same as physical ones.

    How about homosexuality? Okay. How about it. The Bible says it's a sin. Oh, but it says eating pork is a sin too. We assume it was because people couldn't cook it as well as... yeah. Maybe it was because God didn't want people to eat pork because he really likes pigs and thinks they are a hoot. I dunno. Fortunately, I am not God.

    If I choose to remain tolerant and smile and nod and say nice things - then I commit a sin. And this I am no longer prepared to do. I have read the Bible. I have studied the teachings of wiser people than I... and no where can I find where it says "Jesus was tolerant."

    I have seen "And Jesus wept."

    ReplyDelete