Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My First Post: Welcome!

I want to Welcome you, and Thank You for visiting my blog.  I hope and pray that this blog will include sound teaching as I share with you, my thoughts, dreams, frustrations, joys, and excitement as we journey together with our lived experiences.  It is my intention to share and discuss the topics of the day in light of Our Faith in Jesus Christ.  I am not a scripture scholar, I am not a priest, a deacon, nor do I belong to a religious order.  I am a simple Catholic who loves Almighty God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the Church he established more than 2000 years ago.  I like to think of myself as student of Sacred Scripture and the magisterial teaching of Mother Church.  It is important to me, to present material that is in line with the ‘orthodoxy’ of the Roman Catholic Church.  Should I stray from that, I hope that you will kindly correct me and lead me in the right direction. 
As I blog, I will not be afraid to address the hard topics.  These topics can cause great division.  IF we do NOT discuss them, we begin to make assumptions, ignore the facts, and mislead one another as we generate our own opinions.  That gives way to argument and division. I think that is why so many of us in the past have left the church.  Like so many, I did not make a sincere investigation of the faith before I went on to another church.  I did not look at the facts … nor did I look at any of the rich history of the Catholic faith.  We need to look at that history, learn the facts, and discuss them, digest them, PRAY over them, and make sound judgments on them in light of Scripture and Church Teaching.  That is what the magisterium has done throughout the ages.  I thank God that unlike the very short history of 200+ years that we have as a Nation, we have over 2000+ years of history in the Catholic Church.  That history stretches from Pope Benedict XVI all the way back to the Apostle Peter.  Yes, it is a history of the good, the bad, and the ugly.  A history that includes a string of imperfect men who only by the guidance of the Holy Spirit retained the Faith of the Chruch throughout the ages.  Remember, Christ said, “the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”  Do you believe that?  I do!  Contrary to what some protestants, journalist, and atheists believe, Christ established his Church with Peter… the rock!  He gave him the Keys of the Kingdom and Peter has passed on those keys and the authority that comes with them, from generation to generation.  The Catholic Church has been in plain view and will remain so until our Lord returns at the end of the age. Thanks be to God!
Again, thank you for visiting my blog and  I look forward to sharing with you.  I hope you will return again and join in future discussion by posting comments.  I welcome your thoughts.
May God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment